We are very excited to have the opportunity to work together, and we are equally excited to introduce you to some of our innovative additional features and functionality. In anticipation of your immediate questions, we have set up this dedicated FAQs page.
Why have POS8 Limited / FETCH acquired Norse Starlit Limited / Bamboo App?
- After Bamboo’s successes in Ireland, the team were searching for the right partner to scale internationally. Meanwhile POS8 with FETCH was looking to move into the Irish market, has some amazing guest-facing F&B technology, and grand growth ambitions. It’s the perfect match!
What is the difference between POS8, Norse Starlit, FETCH and Bamboo?
- POS8 Limited is the company that owns and operates FETCH and FETCH Pro. POS8 has acquired Norse Starlit Limited, which was the owner and operator of Bamboo App.
Will customers still be able to order for Click & Collect?
Will customers still use the Bamboo App?
- We commit to the retention of the best and most important features and functionalities for our partners, while also committing to enhance the guest experience for your customers with features not currently found in the Bamboo App. For example, to enable customers to order on premises and eat in.
When will all this happen?
- The acquisition of Norse Starlit Limited by POS8 Limited is now complete. You will start to receive more information in the coming weeks.
Will I still have to use a tablet to receive orders?
- FETCH technology and solutions do not require tablets to be used. Orders are sent straight to a staff mobile phone allowing staff to be truly mobile and efficient. FETCH technology also integrates to a number of POS systems removing this requirement where and if appropriate. Our initial goal is to merge tablet functionality with FETCH Pro, which is POS8’s staff app, to accommodate tablet features similar to those our Bamboo App users are accustomed to.
How will this benefit my venue?
- You will benefit from lots of additional functionality including:
- Ability to add ordering on premises
- App Clips and Instant Apps – No app download. No QR code. No table numbering. Simply tap, order, and pay.. This is set to change the way the world orders food and drink on premises. It is cutting edge technology, and POS8/FETCH has developed and deployed it first. See it in action here: https://vimeo.com/466503146
- Timed menu offering
- Complex menu functionality
- Open A Tab – customers can order and simply leave when they ready – no having to request and wait for a bill – their card gets debited automatically when they leave
- Instant feedback – allows you to address any concerns while on premises and avoid negative reviews
- Make updates to your menus yourselves instantly through our FETCH ADMIN portal – it’s really easy and you’ll be self sufficient
How will this affect us commercially?
- Your commercial terms will not be negatively affected.
What do I need to do now?
- We will be in touch in the coming weeks to make some adjustments to the payments partner which requires you to sign up. This process will be managed through a combination of you sending an email to email@example.com and state in the subject line: “Bamboo Account Integration”. We will talk with you about the various application and feature options, and then we will send you a link to sign up with POS8’s payments provider, Adyen. TIP: For the sign up process, you will need your ID handy due to financial regulations – this can be a driving license or a passport.
Is support provided?
- Yes, you will have access to your regular support which is now part of the POS8 Operations team. We will also ensure you have access to our latest features and developments and will endeavour to keep you up to date with the latest news.
Will I need new training?
- Yes, however, it will be very simple and intuitive so it will not take too much of your team’s time. We will go through it with you in person where possible or online where not – you will be self-sufficient in no time.
How will I manage changes or amends to menus?
- The FETCH technology and solutions provide you with complete control to self-manage your menus, promotions, etc. We will, of course, will be on standby should you need help after training.
Where is our information stored?
- Securely in AWS (Amazon Web Services)
What payment provider do you use and how quickly do we receive funds?
- We use Adyen and you will be paid within 3 working days.
How will customers know about the solution in my location?
- We will provide you with marketing and point of sale materials.
What do we need to do in return?
- Support us, work in partnership with us, and grow our businesses together. We will endeavour to do the same.